A diet that is lacking in Omega-3 fatty acids can cause many different issues your body including but not limited to; inflammation, cognitive decline, arthritis, an increased risk for heart disease and high cholesterol. While the list of the negatives goes on it is important to note that keeping your daily dose of Omega- 3 fatty acid where they need to be can be easier than you think. Here are 5 ways to help you get those much-needed fats into your system and help yourself feel good.
- Take a high-quality Omega-3 supplement. You can really spend a lot of money on these so stick within your budget but know that you get what you pay for. If it is the cheapest one on the shelf there is probably a reason why.
- Eat spinach. If it is good enough for a superstar like Popeye why shouldn’t it be good enough for you?
- Eat walnuts. Walnuts provide the one of the highest levels of Omega-3 fatty acids you can find in the nut world.
- Eat more fish. Specifically I am talking about high quality fish like salmon and mackerel. If it came from a deep fryer with a beer batter coating it may not count too much in the quality department.
- Sprinkle some Flax Seed Oil on it. Having a salad with an oil and vinegar dressing? Sprinkle a bit of flax seed oil on it to give it an extra Omega-3 kick.
Christopher Foust, DC, DACBSP®
Chiropractic Physician 330-208-7088 synergysportschiro.com
Synergy Chiropractic, LLC
790 Lafayette Rd Ste 1
Medina, OH 44256